Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology CommissionMay 23rd, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
The Commission is the environmental policy-making body for Arkansas. With guidance from the Governor, the Legislature, the EPA and others, the Commission determines the environmental policy for the state and the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality implements those policies.
Though the Commission and the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality work closely, each is distinctly different.
The Commission is comprised of 13 members, six representing state agencies and seven appointed by the Governor. The six agency representatives are directors - or their designee - of the:
- Arkansas Department of Health
- Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
- Arkansas Forestry Commission
- Arkansas Natural Resources Commission
- Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission
- Arkansas Geology Commission