Won't you please come and meet your neighbors? AETN is excited to announce that our free biannual community event, AETN Family Day Conway, will be held at our network headquarters in Conway from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14.
You've been looking forward to this event, and we aim to please! To support our community and get to know our neighbors, we'll be hosting a wide range of activities and events for the whole family.
So, what can you expect at this year's Family Day Conway? A lot! But, to keep it simple, we've made you a list:
- Community Service Drives
"Martha Speaks" Shelter Dog Campaign - collects pet food and care items for shelter animals.
"Peg + Cat" Food Drive" - seeks boxed and canned goods for area food banks.
"Mister Rogers Neighborhood" Sweater Drive - collects new or gently used seaters for families in need as cooler weather approaches.
Arkansas Grade-Level Reading Campaign Book Drive - encourages attendees to bring donations of new or gently read books for children ages 0-8 years.
- PBS Kids Character Costume Party - kids who visit Family Day dressed as their favorite PBS Kids character will receive a special prize from the AETN booth
- Character Meet-and-Greet - PBS Kids characters Daniel Tiger, from "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood;" Martha of "Martha Speaks;" Clifford the Big Red Dog and more will make appearances for photo ops throughout the day.
- Bob Ross Look-Alike Contest - kids and adults can compete to see who makes the best "Happy Little Painter" at 1 p.m.; winners will be chose by audience applause, and the top three Bobs will win prizes.
- AETN Production Truck Demonstrations and Tours
- Interactive PBS Kids Exhibit
- Arkansas Arts Center 2013-2014 Artmobile Exhibition - "The Art of Story" and pieces from the Young Arkansas Artists Exhibition will be on display for viewing.
- AETN Online Resource Demonstrations
- AETN Studio Tours
- Story Time
- Face Painting
- Arts & Crafts Sessions
- Sidewalk Chalk Art Time
- Refreshments - including Petit Jean Meats hot dogs, as well as popcorn and drinks
As we get closer to the date, we'll be adding updates about additional events and appearances, as well as a schedule of activities on our Family Day webpage, so be sure to check back! We can't wait to see you there!
Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013
"Won't You Be My Neighbor?" AETN Conway Family Day 2013, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.