Movie airs as part of CURIOUS GEORGE Holiday Spectacular, a special on-air event that promises to be a new holiday family tradition." target="_blank" title="Pin it">
Movie airs as part of CURIOUS GEORGE Holiday Spectacular, a special on-air event that promises to be a new holiday family tradition.:http://www.aetn.org/educators/blog/aetn_kicks_off_the_holiday_season_with_pbs_broadcast_premiere_of_curious_george_movie_november_23" target="_blank" title="Email">
Movie airs as part of CURIOUS GEORGE Holiday Spectacular, a special on-air event that promises to be a new holiday family tradition.
Curious George Holiday Spectacular airs:
Wednesday, November 23
Curious George (The Movie)
(repeats Nov. 24 at 11 a.m.)
Curious George Follow That Monkey
(repeats Nov. 24 at 12:30 p.m. and Nov. 25 at 6:30 a.m.)
Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas
(repeats Nov. 24 at 2 p.m. and Nov. 25 at 8 a.m.)
Tips for Creating Family Traditions
PBS encourages families to take part in traditions new and old. PBS Parents provides additional ideas to create meaningful traditions for the family such as:
- Write an annual letter to your child. The holidays are an appropriate time to mark your child's growth with a special message that will be cherished for a lifetime. Seal letters and store them in a keepsake box until they are old enough to read and enjoy them.
- Do a Secret Santa gift exchange for charity. Turn the tables this year. Instead of buying a present, make a donation or spend time volunteering for a charity of the giftees choice.
- Make a family walk an annual event. Walking is a great way to spend time with each other, and work off those extra gingerbread cookies! Set aside time even if its 30 minutes to get outside and stretch your legs with the family.
- Leave a legacy that lasts (and helps the environment). Each New Year's Day, plant a tree in honor of your child(ren). Hold a special ceremony in which everyone in the family plays a part in planting that year's tree, and take lots of pictures, both when the tree is planted and over the years as it grows.
- Take part in a community service project as a family. Designate a day that will be devoted to serving others in your community.
- Select a recipe and make it a tradition to make it together as a family, giving each family member a task in preparing it. In honor of the Curious George Holiday Spectacular, make monkey bread or a banana dessert.