AETN hosts Young Arkansas Artists exhibit Sept. 3-21
The Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) will host the 51st annual "Young Arkansas Artists" traveling exhibition Sept. 3-21.
The exhibit includes 36 pieces from the "Young Arkansas Artists 51st Annual Exhibition," which is organized by the Arkansas Arts Center with the cooperation of the Arkansas Department of Education. The exhibit is open to K-12 Arkansas public and private school students. Entries must be original works created under a teachers supervision during the school year. Members of the Arkansas Art Educators Association select works based on originality and artistic merit.
This year, 177 Arkansas schools submitted a total of 667 works of art, from which 116 paintings, drawings and mixed media pieces were selected for the exhibit.
Of those pieces, the following 36 artworks will be featured at AETN:
- Cross Contour Hands, Veronica Ocampo, fifth grade, Blazing Art School.
- Curious Cub, Sophia Becker, seventh grade, Cabot Junior High North.
- Lily & Pear, Jennifer Wallace, seventh grade, Cabot Junior High South.
- At the Cross, Lauren Calhoun, eighth grade, Cabot Junior High South.
- Caladiums, Emily Richards, ninth grade, Cabot Junior High South.
- Wood Song, Hunter Godsey, 10th grade, Cabot High School.
- Reflections, Nikayla Hughes, 11th grade, Dewitt High School.
- Feeding My Rainbow Fish, Roxie Mahan, kindergarten, Florence Mattison Elementary School.
- Hoot, Hoot, Morgan Robertson, first grade, Florence Mattison Elementary School.
- Mr. Louis Armstrong, Sugey Sifuentes, second grade, Jim Stone Elementary School.
- Piano Time!, Jenna Claire Zane, second grade, Jonesboro Visual and Performing Arts Magnet School.
- Three Musicians, Orma Rose Ashodian, third grade, Jonesboro Visual and Performing Arts Magnet School.
- Dream, Chaz Powell Stafford, fourth grade, Jonesboro Visual and Performing Arts Magnet School.
- Watch Me Run and Jump!, Padraigh Easley, kindergarten, Theodore Jones Elementary School.
- The Rooster Walks in the Grass, Anastasia Sexson, first grade, Theodore Jones Elementary School.
- Year of the Dragon, Elizabeth Sloas, sixth grade, Valley View Intermediate School.
- Boy Under Light, Elizabeth Poindexter, ninth grade, Vilonia Junior High School.
- Me and My Room, Sarah Little, 10th grade, Vilonia High School.
- Self Portrait, Caitlin Leonard, 10th grade, Abundant Life School.
- Primary Fish, Konner Brown, third grade, Blazing Art School.
- High Tea, Christian Tiffin, eighth grade, Dianne Roberts Art Studio and Gallery.
- Just Drifting Along, Carrie Hill, ninth grade, Dianne Roberts Art Studio and Gallery.
- Chovdy, Luis Arellano, 10th grade, Hall High School.
- Pear still life, Coleman Carrh, second grade, Little Rock Christian Academy.
- Wind, Emma Huchingson, fourth grade, Little Rock Christian Academy.
- Still life pears, Hope Boshears, fifth grade, Little Rock Christian Academy.
- Torn Paper Portrait Value Study, Chloe Gehring, sixth grade, Miss Selmas School.
- Snowy Owl, Isabelle Boysen, second grade, Pulaski Academy.
- Self-Portrait, Sade Storthz, seventh grade, Pulaski Academy.
- Red Dreads, Shamsie Malek, 12th grade, Pulaski Academy.
- Self-Portrait, Henry Allen, sixth grade, Pulaski Heights Middle School.
- Pretty Castle, India Clayton, kindergarten, Seventh Street Elementary School.
- A Very Busy City with a Flying Dog, Angel Pinedo, kindergarten, Wakefield Elementary School.
- The Blue on the River, Logan Haymon, fourth grade, Williams Traditional Magnet School.
- My Favorite Place to Read, Ruben McIntosh, first grade, Wilson Elementary School.
- Friends in Contour Line, America Montante, fourth grade, Wilson Elementary School.
The exhibit, located in AETNs headquarters, 350 South Donaghey, Conway, will be free and open to the public Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
> AETN hosts Young Arkansas Artists exhibit Sept. 3-21