AETN > Engage > Pressroom > Schedule announced for 'Election 2016: AETN Debates'
Schedule announced for 'Election 2016: AETN Debates'
Posted 20 Sep 2016
Candidates in five races have agreed to participate in 'Election 2016: AETN Debates,' which will tape and air on the Arkansas Educational Television Network Oct. 10-12.
All debates will be held at the AETN studios, 350 South Donaghey, Conway. Admission is free, and the public is invited. Seating is limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Doors will open one hour prior to taping times.
Debates, which will be broadcast the same day they are taped, include:
- U.S. Congressional District 3, with candidates Steve Isaacson (L) and incumbent Steve Womack (R), taping Monday, Oct. 10, at 10 a.m. and airing at 7 p.m.
- U.S. Congressional District 4, with candidates Kerry Hicks (L) and incumbent Bruce Westerman (R), taping Monday, Oct. 10, at 2 p.m. and airing at 8 p.m.
- U.S. Congressional District 1, with candidates incumbent Rick Crawford (R) and Mark West (L), taping Tuesday, Oct. 11, at 10 a.m. and airing at 7 p.m.
- U.S. Senate, with candidates incumbent John Boozman (R), Conner Eldridge (D) and Frank Gilbert (L) taping Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 2 p.m. and airing at 7 p.m.
- U.S. Congressional District 2, with candidates Dianne Curry (D), Chris Hayes (L) and incumbent French Hill (R), taping Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 5:30 p.m. and airing at 8 p.m.
Major funding for 'Election 2016: AETN Debates' is provided by AARP Arkansas.
In addition to keeping viewers informed about the candidates, 'Election 2016: Ballot Initiatives' will air Friday, Oct. 14, at 8 p.m. The proposed initiatives that have reached the ballot will be discussed in this 30-minute program produced in conjunction with the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service.
All debates and ballot initiatives will repeat in their entirety Sunday, Oct. 30, beginning at 1:30 p.m. Additional information, including debate attendance rules, is available at aetn.org/election.
AETN makes all debates available free of charge to all commercial and public television and radio stations for simulcast or rebroadcast. Interested networks should contact Tanisha Joe-Conway at 800-662-2386 to specify a format and make arrangements for receiving the debates.
The Arkansas Educational Television Network is Arkansas's statewide public television network that enhances lives by providing lifelong learning opportunities for people from all walks of life. AETN delivers local, award-winning productions and classic, trusted PBS programs aimed at sharing Arkansas and the world with viewers. AETN depends on the generosity of Arkansans and the State of Arkansas to continue offering quality programming. Additional information is available at aetn.org. AETN is broadcast on KETS (Little Rock), KEMV (Mountain View), KETG (Arkadelphia), KAFT (Fayetteville), KTEJ (Jonesboro) and KETZ (El Dorado).