Arkansas State Game and Fish Commission Meeting
with Arkansas State Game and FishFrom 8:30 AM to 12:45 PM
Items on the agenda for the April 25, 2019, meeting will include discussion of proposed regulations that previously were considered at the March 21, 2018, Commission Meeting, plus consideration of various Hunting and Fishing Regulations and regulations pertaining to the Enforcement Division of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, including but not limited to:
- 2019-2020 Hunting Regulations
– Amend hunting regulations for 2019-20 including, but not limited to,
game seasons, bag limits, geographic zones, wildlife management areas
(WMAs), weapon restrictions and other manner-of-taking-game requirements
for dove, waterfowl, and other game species. Changes include, but are
not limited to:
- Waterfowl Season Dates – Adjust dates for: White-fronted, Snow, Blue, Ross’s, and Canada Goose Seasons; Special Youth Waterfowl Hunting Season; Duck, Coot, and Merganser Season; and Mourning, White Winged, and Eurasian Collared Dove Seasons.
- Non-Resident Waterfowl Hunting Permit Requirement - Amend regulation for non-resident waterfowl hunting permit requirements on certain WMAs to restrict non-resident waterfowl permit hunting to the following dates only: Nov. 23- Dec. 2, 2019; Dec. 27, 2019- Jan. 5, 2020; and Jan 22- 31, 2020. Each permit will allow the non-resident to hunt waterfowl on a specified WMA for up to five (5) consecutive days. The desired WMA and hunting dates must be selected from the options available at the time of purchase and all selections are final. Permit purchases are nonrefundable and nontransferable to other persons, dates, or WMAs. The permit must be in the person’s possession while taking or attempting to take waterfowl on these WMAs.
- AGFC Digital Codebook – Adopt digital version of AGFC regulations as new official AGFC Code of Regulations. The AGFC Digital Code Book contains grammar, formatting and style adjustments, but no substantive changes in the existing regulations. AGFC Digital Code Book is accessible on AGFC’s website at www.agfc.com.