Arkansas State Game and Fish Commission MeetingOctober 17th, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Items on the agenda for the October 17, 2019, meeting will include discussion of proposed regulations that previously were considered at the September 18 and 19, 2019, Commission Meetings, plus consideration of various Hunting and Fishing Regulations and regulations pertaining to the Enforcement Division of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, including but not limited to:
Miscellaneous Wildlife/Hunting Regulations – (DISCUSSION ITEM ONLY) Revise and add miscellaneous wildlife and hunting regulations, including, but not limited to:
- Amend regulation for Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt Restrictions to remove exception and allow taking of canvasbacks during the special youth waterfowl hunt;
- Amend regulations for Migratory Game Bird Seasons and Limits to establish season dates and limits for a new Veterans and Active-Duty Military Waterfowl Hunt for approved veterans and active-duty military personnel, plus add definitions for “Active-Duty Military” and “Veteran”; and
- Establish a voluntary Turkey Stamp for purchase (cost $9.50) to support turkey habitat and management.
Captive Wildlife Regulations – (DISCUSSION ITEM ONLY) Amend existing and adopt new captive wildlife regulations including, but not limited to:
- Add approximately 30 mammal species (including zebras (3 species), water buffalo, addax, brindled gnu, gaur, gerenuk, Himalayan tahr goat, impala, tamarin monkeys (18 species), black-tufted marmoset and Geoffroy’s marmoset) to Addendum R1.02 -- Permitted Captive Wildlife Species List to enable breeding, sale, and import of these species in accordance with applicable permits;
- Add approximately 34 mammal species (including capybara, nilgai, aoudad sheep, oryx (4 species), kudu (2 species), lechwe, ibex (9 species), jaguar, leopard, snow leopard, hippopotamus (5 species) warthog (2 species) and rhinoceros (5 species)) to Addendum R1.03 -- Prohibited Captive Wildlife Species List to prohibit breeding, sale, or importation of these species;
- Add a disease testing requirement in Addendum F1.04 – Wildlife Importation Permit Requirements for brindled gnu; and
- Add certain species (including capybara, nilgai, aoudad sheep, oryx, kudu, lechwe, ibex, jaguar, leopard, snow leopard, hippopotamus, warthog and rhinoceros) to Addendum F1.03 – Wildlife Breeder/Dealer Permit Requirements for prohibiting the sale of these species to only persons who possess a current Wildlife Breeder/Dealer Permit for the respective species or to buyers outside of Arkansas.