Are you (or is an educator you know) using digital media and technology to lead innovation in your school? Then don’t miss applying for the PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator Program by Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2015! Winning applicants will win a FREE year of PD — including virtual trainings, access to exclusive resources and events, and membership into a robust professional learning community — and the top 30 educators will take an all-expense-paid, three-day trip to Philadelphia for the PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators Summit and the prestigious ISTE conference.
It’s an incredible opportunity and a great way to be recognized for the cutting-edge work you’re doing in the classroom. And, not to brag, but, since the launch of the Digital Innovators Program in 2013, Arkansas has been well-represented! Joshua Worthy of Springdale’s Sonora Elementary was named a PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator in 2013 and Greenbrier Eastside Elementary’s Sarah Jerry earned the title in 2014.
Follow in their footsteps by demonstrating your tech-savvy in your application!
You’ll need to:
- Go to pbslearningmedia.org/digitalinnovators, register and create a profile.
- Create a 1-2 minute video that describes how you are using digital media and technology.
- Complete the online application and submit.
- Follow the conversation using hashtag #PBSDigitalInnovator.
And, just in case you were wondering, exactly how do you know that you’re qualified? See if you can answer “yes” to these questions!
- Are you a tech-savvy, K-12 educator with a passion for using digital media and technology?
- Are you a leader with the a desire to empower your peers and share strategies around digital media integration?
- Do you embrace life-long learning, collaboration, inclusion and innovation?
So, "yes-es" to all of the above? Then it’s time to get moving! We can’t wait to see who this year’s PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators and ambassadors are!