AETN announces Healthy, Wealthy & Wise weekend marathon
Posted 12 Jan 2015
The marathon begins at 1 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 17, continuing through Sunday, Jan. 18, at 7 p.m. Featured programs include:
- 'Don't Worry, Retire Happy With Tom Hegna' – Economist and bestselling author Tom Hegna shows Americans how they can reach their retirement goals. He provides proven solutions to secure a happy and worry-free retirement and explains the math and science behind planning a successful retirement. He also shares his seven steps to retirement security. These steps include writing a retirement plan, considering a hybrid retirement, securing lifetime guarantee income, maximizing social security benefits, growing a retirement nest egg, planning for non-covered medical costs, and using home equity wisely.
- 'JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Secret' – JJ Virgin, CNF, CHFS, a celebrity nutrition and fitness expert and three-time New York Times bestselling author, discusses her new program, 'The Sugar Impact Secret.' Most people know that sugar is bad for them, but few people know that the impact of sugar can actually be the real cause of inflammation, bloating, metabolic disorders, fatigue and weight gain. Virgin will show viewers how to lower their sugar impact, which helps retrain taste buds, restore sugar sensitivity, heal the digestive tract and rev up the metabolism, turning sugar burners into fat burners and promoting rapid weight loss. Dropping sugar also helps to reverse premature aging, while heading off most chronic and inflammatory illnesses where they start.
- 'Joy Bauer's Food Remedies!' – Joy Bauer, MS, RDN, CDN, nutrition and health expert for NBC's 'TODAY' show, explores and explains serious health issues in a fun and friendly format – all with a step-by-step action plan. A nutritionist for close to three decades, Bauer has helped her patients learn the proper foods for losing weight and gaining health. Her motto, 'Life is hard, food should be easy,' becomes a reality as she motivates people to take the first steps towards better health and vitality. Using real-life examples of people and situations from her extensive patient population, Bauer provides compelling information on powerful (and delicious) foods to help manage, treat, and in some instances even reverse common health conditions.
- 'Suze Orman's Financial Solutions for You' – Suze Orman is America's most recognized expert on personal finance. She knows that everyone has financial issues and problems, and in this special she focuses on helping individuals find financial solutions that fit their situations. Her advice is based not only on numbers, but it is also grounded in a critical understanding of people and their emotional needs. Financial problems arise when people do things with money that do not seem 'right' to them – despite pressures and advice from others. Orman covers a wide range of topics, including how to invest, whether to buy or rent a home, saving for retirement, what kind of life insurance to buy, wills and trusts, student loans and more.
- 'The Fast Metabolism Revolution With Haylie Pomroy' – New York Times bestselling author and nutritionist Haylie Pomroy details her 'revolutionary' new program. Obesity and related diseases, like diabetes and heart disease, are national epidemics, yet most people come to a point in their lives where they give up on being able to manage their weight and health goals successfully. Many people attribute the challenge to having a 'slow metabolism.' Pomroy demonstrates how everyone can enjoy the benefits of a fast and high functioning metabolism – not by starving and eating less, but by eating more great food.
- 'Dr. Fuhrman's End Dieting Forever!' – A leading expert and board-certified medical physician who specializes in the prevention and reversal of disease using nutritional solutions, Joel Fuhrman, M.D., provides a plan for life based on foods, recipes and menus that are nutrient-rich, supplying our bodies with the means for optimal health, disease prevention and maximum lifespan. Instead of treating symptoms with medications, uncovering the cause of a disease and enhancing cell function results in a more favorable outcome. This new special explores the essential nutrients and foods that can help induce weight loss and prevent and reverse common diseases, and Fuhrman provides nutritional science and research in an informative, fun and easy-to-understand way.
- '30 Days to a Younger Heart With Dr. Steven Masley' – Dr. Steven Masley is a board-certified physician, nutritionist, longevity researcher and award-winning educator, as well as a highly acclaimed chef, who trained at the Four Seasons. In this special, he reveals that it's possible to make the heart up to 10 years younger, regardless of body composition, genetics or age. He shares three steps that have helped thousands of patients turn back the clock and significantly slow the onset of aging and disease. Viewers will learn that metabolic syndrome, also known as pre-diabetes, is the leading cause of heart disease, and Masley describes how to determine risk and why so many Americans suffer from the condition. His three-step Heart Tune-Up program is a guide to making lifestyle changes that significantly reduce the likelihood of developing cardiovascular disease.
- 'Skinny Gut Vibrant You With Brenda Watson' – Brenda Watson, C.N.C., best-selling author and digestive care expert, discusses the newest science showing that the gut bacteria is different between overweight and lean people. She explains how the trillions of bacteria inside an individual's gut and whether they are in balance or out of balance is the underlying reason someone can't lose weight or isn't in optimal health. Viewers will learn how balancing gut bacteria, the most overlooked weight-loss secret today, can change someone's profile to that of a lean person, resulting in weight loss and vibrant health.
The Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) is Arkansas's statewide public television network that enhances lives by providing lifelong learning opportunities for people from all walks of life. AETN delivers local, award-winning productions and classic, trusted PBS programs aimed at sharing Arkansas and the world with viewers. AETN depends on the generosity of Arkansans and the State of Arkansas to continue offering quality programming. For more information, visit aetn.org, or follow the AETN blog at aetn.org/engage. AETN is broadcast on KETS (Little Rock), KEMV (Mountain View), KETG (Arkadelphia), KAFT (Fayetteville), KTEJ (Jonesboro), and KETZ (El Dorado).