AETN premieres new season of 'Paint With Kevin' April 4
Posted 26 Mar 2015
The Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) will premiere season 2 of 'Paint With Kevin,' a series that invites viewers to expand their oil painting skills, Saturday, April 4, at 10 a.m.
'Paint With Kevin' offers painting hobbyists step-by-step instructions for creating 'wet-on-wet' oil paint landscapes and seascapes. In each 30-minute episode, host Kevin Hill provides instruction in a calm, reassuring manner and coaches viewers as they expand their painting skills.
Season 2 of 'Paint With Kevin' includes 13 new episodes:
- 'Start of Winter,' featuring a beautiful snow covered landscape.
- 'The First Snowfall,' helping viewers develop an eye for composition and perspective while painting a cold landscape scene.
- 'Roaring Falls,' featuring a vibrant waterfall scene with a variety of trees.
- 'Sunlight Across the Surf,' featuring a stunning and detailed seascape using an array of beautiful colors.
- 'The Approaching Storm,' featuring a beautiful mountain scene.
- 'Yosemite Mountain Range,' helping viewers develop skills to paint one of the most recognizable mountains, El Capitan.
- Frozen Trail,' teaching viewers how to paint using light, shadow and colors to create distance.
- 'Tropic Breeze,' featuring techniques to create a simple, yet stunning, tropical scene with a palm tree.
- 'Clear Autumn Day,' featuring techniques for painting one of nature's most beautiful scenes.
- 'Butternut Creek,' featuring a scenic creek created with a minimal array of colors and equipment.
- 'Rocky Cove,' featuring the beauty of a sunset over the ocean using vibrant colors with light.
- 'Grass Valley,' teaching viewers to create depth and distance as they paint a vast valley scene.
- 'After the Rain,' featuring rugged mountains with a gentle stream.
Using an array of vibrant colors and varied painting techniques, audiences learn to create beautiful art as they progress from a blank canvas to a completed painting. Lessons in the 13-episode season are suitable for artists of all skill levels and will supply participants with detailed information on subjects including applications, blending, creating perspective, composition and color mixing.
Host Kevin Hill is a California-based artist, art instructor, popular YouTube host and online gallery owner who learned to paint at age 15 by watching PBS programming. Hill specializes in the 'wet-on-wet' oil painting technique and prefers the style because it allows artists of all skill levels to produce a complete work in a short time period.
The Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) is Arkansas's statewide public television network that enhances lives by providing lifelong learning opportunities for people from all walks of life. AETN delivers local, award-winning productions and classic, trusted PBS programs aimed at sharing Arkansas and the world with viewers. AETN depends on the generosity of Arkansans and the State of Arkansas to continue offering quality programming. For more information, visit aetn.org, or follow the AETN blog at aetn.org/engage. AETN is broadcast on KETS (Little Rock), KEMV (Mountain View), KETG (Arkadelphia), KAFT (Fayetteville), KTEJ (Jonesboro), and KETZ (El Dorado).