AETN > Engage > Pressroom > AETN premieres new season of 'Paint With Kevin' Jan. 7
AETN premieres new season of 'Paint With Kevin' Jan. 7
Posted 03 Jan 2017
The Arkansas Educational Television Network will premiere season 3 of 'Paint With Kevin,' a series that invites viewers to expand their oil painting skills, Saturday, Jan. 7, at 10 a.m.
'Paint With Kevin' offers painting hobbyists step-by-step instructions for creating 'wet-on-wet' oil paint landscapes and seascapes. In each 30-minute episode, host Kevin Hill provides instruction in a calm, reassuring manner and coaches viewers as they expand their painting skills. He shows viewers each part of the painting, using an array of colors and brush strokes, so that they can easily master the techniques of oil painting. He also demonstrates advanced techniques for painting various elements, such as trees, water, grass and much more.
'This season has been one of the most fun for me so far,' Hill said. 'The new, two-part shows and more complicated subjects offer viewers even more creative ideas that they can use to enhance their work.
'I hope that this show inspires artists of all ages to branch out and try new, fun and different techniques!'
Season 3 of 'Paint With Kevin' includes 13 new episodes:
- "Old Weathered Barn: Part 1," developing an eye for composition and perspective with this barn painting.
- "Old Weathered Barn: Part 2,' painting a detailed barn using effective light and shadows.
- "Rocky Ocean Shore: Part 1," achieving depth in a painting with a rocky seascape.
- "Rocky Ocean Shore: Part 2," creating a simple yet detailed seascape with foam crashing on the rocks.
- "Roses Over the Fence: Part 1," painting roses balanced with a wooden fence.
- "Roses Over the Fence: Part 2," developing the foreground area by adding details such as broken nails and cracks in the fence.
- "Tropical Waterfall: Part 1," creating a tropical painting using light and shadows to achieve detail.
- "Tropical Waterfall: Part 2," creating detail and depth in this tropical scene.
- "Island Sunset: Part 1," creating a detailed seascape with sunset colors.
- "Island Sunset: Part 2," painting distant cliffs and palm trees.
- "Swiss Grandeur: Part 1," learning different techniques for painting this vast mountain scene with reflections in the water.
- "Swiss Grandeur: Part 2," developing various skills for adding details such as water lines and highlights.
- "Country Home," learning different techniques to achieve perspective and depth in a simple yet stunning country painting
Audiences learn to create beautiful art as they progress from a blank canvas to a completed painting. Lessons in the 13-episode season are suitable for artists of all skill levels and will supply participants with detailed information on subjects including applications, blending, creating perspective, composition and color mixing.
Host Kevin Hill is a California-based artist, art instructor, popular YouTube host and online gallery owner who learned to paint at age 15 by watching PBS programming. Hill specializes in the 'wet-on-wet' oil painting technique and prefers the style because it allows artists of all skill levels to produce a complete work in a short time period.
The Arkansas Educational Television Network is Arkansas's statewide public television network that enhances lives by providing lifelong learning opportunities for people from all walks of life. AETN delivers local, award-winning productions and classic, trusted PBS programs aimed at sharing Arkansas and the world with viewers. AETN depends on the generosity of Arkansans and the State of Arkansas to continue offering quality programming. Additional information is available at aetn.org. AETN is broadcast on KETS (Little Rock), KEMV (Mountain View), KETG (Arkadelphia), KAFT (Fayetteville), KTEJ (Jonesboro) and KETZ (El Dorado).