AETN > Engage > Pressroom > New season of 'Paint With Kevin' to premiere on AETN Sept. 1
New season of 'Paint With Kevin' to premiere on AETN Sept. 1
Posted 28 Aug 2018
The Arkansas Educational Television Network will premiere season 4 of "Paint With Kevin," a series that invites viewers to expand their oil painting skills, Saturday, Sept. 1, at 10 a.m.
"Paint With Kevin" offers painting hobbyists step-by-step instructions for creating "wet-on-wet" oil paint landscapes and seascapes. In each 30-minute episode, host Kevin Hill provides instruction in a calm, reassuring manner and coaches viewers as they expand their painting skills. He shows viewers each part of the painting, using an array of colors and brush strokes, so that they can easily master the techniques of oil painting. He also demonstrates advanced techniques for painting various elements, such as trees, water, grass and much more.
Season 4 of "Paint With Kevin" will include 13 new episodes:
- "Spring Day Part 1" develops an eye for composition and perspective.
- "Spring Day Part 2" teaches techniques for painting a detailed springtime landscape, adding in foreground highlights.
- "Train in the Mountains Part 1" teaches how to achieve depth and detail with a train landscape painting.
- "Train in the Mountains Part 2" helps create a detailed train balanced with a simple landscape.
- "Palette Knife Forest Landscape Part 1" teaches techniques for creating a landscape painting using just the palette knife.
- "Palette Knife Forest Landscape Part 2" develops the foreground area by adding details such as water lines and wildflowers.
- "Sunshine Across the Cliffs Part 1" creates a landscape using light to draw the eye into the painting.
- "Sunshine Across the Cliffs Part 2" teaches how to create detail and depth in this landscape painting.
- "Roses on a Trellis Part 1" helps create a detailed rose painting balanced with a trellis fence.
- "Roses on a Trellis Part 2" teaches techniques for highlighting the roses and adding details to the fence.
- "Sunlit Riverbed Part 1" teaches different techniques for painting a riverbed landscape filled with sunlight.
- "Sunlit Riverbed Part 2" develops various skills for adding details such as highlights and foreground grass.
- "Sunlit Mountains" teaches how to create a 4-foot by 8-foot landscape painting while still achieving the same depth and balance as a smaller painting.
Audiences learn to create beautiful art as they progress from a blank canvas to a completed painting. Lessons in the 13-episode season are suitable for artists of all skill levels and will supply participants with detailed information on subjects including applications, blending, creating perspective, composition and color mixing.
Host Kevin Hill is an artist, art instructor, popular YouTube host and online gallery owner who learned to paint at age 15 by watching PBS programming. Hill specializes in the "wet-on-wet" oil painting technique and prefers the style because it allows artists of all skill levels to produce a complete work in a short time period.
The Arkansas Educational Television Network is Arkansas's only statewide public media network, which enhances lives by providing lifelong learning opportunities for people from all walks of life. AETN delivers local, award-winning productions and classic, trusted PBS programs aimed at sharing Arkansas and the world with viewers through the distinct channels AETN PBS, AETN Create, AETN PBS KIDS, AETN World and AETN AIRS on SAP. Audiences can also watch on several digital platforms, and members with AETN Passport have extended on-demand access to a rich library of public television programming. AETN depends on the generosity of Arkansans and the state of Arkansas to continue offering quality programming. Additional information is available at aetn.org. AETN is broadcast on KETS (Little Rock), KEMV (Mountain View), KETG (Arkadelphia), KAFT (Fayetteville), KTEJ (Jonesboro) and KETZ (El Dorado).