Weekly AETN PBS KIDS Family Night to premiere April 21
Posted 24 Apr 2017
The Arkansas Educational Television Network will premiere AETN PBS KIDS Family Night Friday, April 21. The weekly television event will feature family movie specials or themed programming every Friday from 6-8 p.m. on AETN PBS KIDS channel.
Family Night will kick off with popular movie favorites such as 'Odd Squad: The Movie,' 'Splash and Bubbles: One Big Ocean' and 'Sesame Street: The Cookie Thief,' and will include world premiere movie events such as 'Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Tiger Family Trip,' 'Wild Kratts Alaska: Hero’s Journey (w.t.),' 'Ready Jet Go!: Return To Bortron 7' and 'Arthur and the Haunted Treehouse.'
Programs will repeat Saturday and Sunday evenings from 6-8.
The schedule through May includes:
- 'Odd Squad: The Movie,' April 21-23. In this feature-length 'Odd Squad' event, a rival group of adults called Weird Team arrive with a gadget that fixes any odd problem. As a result, the Odd Squad is run out of business, and all the agents are forced to disband and go back to their lives as regular kids. Using math skills and teamwork, the kids discover Weird Team isn’t actually solving problems, but covering them up. The Season 2 cast teams up with the Season 1 cast to stop Weird Team and save the world from destruction.
- 'Wild Kratts: Back in Creature Time,' April 28-30. The Wild Kratts crew laments the extinction of different animals in recent history and how they'll never ever be able to see them. Aviva decides that it's finally time to unveil her most secret invention yet – the Time Trampoline. Using the trampoline, the Wild Kratts jump back in time to meet the extinct species.
- 'Splash and Bubbles: One Big Ocean,' May 5-7. The Reeftown kids catch the currents and embark on an epic journey across the sea to help a friendly young turtle. Along the way they learn that all creatures are interconnected and how even a small gesture can greatly affect the friends and neighbors who share the one big ocean they call home.
- 'Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: Tiger Family Trip,' May 12-14. In an all-new, one-hour special, the Tiger family heads out on a road trip to Grandpere’s. At first, Daniel doesn’t know what to expect on the ride, but with a helpful map from Mom Tiger, Daniel learns that there are so many exciting things to do and see when you’re on a trip with your family.
- 'The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About Space!', May 19-21. The Cat in the Hat takes viewers on a cosmic adventure through the solar system to assist with Operation Rover Repair in this one-hour movie event.
- 'Sesame Street: The Cookie Thief,' May 26-28. This nail-biting, cookie-munching thriller celebrates the arts and delights Cookie Monster fans of all ages. A cookie art museum has just opened on Sesame Street. Surrounded by beautiful cookie paintings, such as "Girl with the Cookie Earring" and the "Muncha Lisa," Cookie Monster and his friends feel as though they're in a whole new world. But, when art suddenly starts to disappear, Cookie Monster quickly becomes a suspect. Can he clear his name? Will they find the missing art in time, or will Cookie Monster be banished from the museum forever?
AETN broadcasts PBS KIDS 24 hours a day on AETN-3. All of AETN's channels are available free over the air using an antenna. Cable companies are only required to carry the primary channel, AETN; however, many cable companies are choosing to carry AETN's additional channels. At this time, satellite providers only carry AETN. A complete list of cable companies and channels carried is available at aetn.org/channelinformation.
The Arkansas Educational Television Network is Arkansas’s only statewide public media network, which enhances lives by providing lifelong learning opportunities for people from all walks of life. AETN delivers local, award-winning productions and classic, trusted PBS programs aimed at sharing Arkansas and the world with viewers through the distinct channels AETN PBS, AETN Create, AETN PBS KIDS, AETN World and AETN AIRS on SAP. AETN depends on the generosity of Arkansans and the State of Arkansas to continue offering quality programming. Additional information is available at aetn.org. AETN is broadcast on KETS (Little Rock), KEMV (Mountain View), KETG (Arkadelphia), KAFT (Fayetteville), KTEJ (Jonesboro) and KETZ (El Dorado).