Let's Have Fun
Pumpkin and Foot Race
Set up starting and finish lines and have the children race to see who can get their smallish pumpkin over the finish line. Only feet can be used to push pumpkins along. There can be no kicking; if any kicking is observed, that child goes back to their starting line. This would also be a good team relay race.
Divide into two or more teams.
Have a start line and turnaround line, 20 ft apart.
The first child in each line rolls a pumpkin from the start line, to the turn-around line and back.
The next person does the same, etc. The first team to have everyone play wins!
Pumpkin and Broom Race (Can be played in outdoors or gym!)
- This is a simple race but since pumpkins are not smooth balls and refuse to roll in straight lines, you'll need plenty of room! You need medium pumpkins and sturdy sticks (or brooms); Use one pumpkin and stick/broom for each team.
- The racers line up on the starting line with the pumpkins turned on their sides.
- On the signal, the racers use the stick to roll the pumpkins to the finish line.
- Younger players may want to use their hands instead of the stick.
- If you want to play this as teams, make it a relay race.
- When playing inside use smaller pumpkins.