AETN and PBS Resources
AETN and PBS are dedicated to educators, students and their families with resources that transform teaching and learning. AETN builds on the educational foundation laid by PBS and serves as a resource for Arkansas educators, parents and kids.
AETN PBS LearningMedia
AETN PBS LearningMedia empowers PreK-13+ educators to reimagine classroom learning, transform teaching and creatively engage students.
PBS LearningMedia™ is the go-to destination for instant access to high-quality preK-13+ educational resources including classroom materials suitable for a wide range of subjects and grade levels. Lesson plans, professional development, teaching activities, on-demand video assets, and interactive games and simulations are available. These resources are correlated to state and national educational standards and are tied to PBS' award-winning on-air and online programming. Educators and parents can access more than 30,000 curriculum-aligned digital resources from 90 trusted media partners and search, save, and share with ease.
AETN PBS LearningMedia is:
- Common-core aligned
PBS TeacherLine's high-quality, graduate-level courses offer PreK-12 educators online professional development in convenient, collaborative, and flexible online format. Winner of the 2011 Ed Tech Digest Cool Tool Awards for Best PD Solution and Best STEM Solution. Learn more
Ready to Learn
Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program that includes high-quality trans-media content and is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math- and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school. The Ready to Learn program narrows the achievement gap. Learn more
PBS KIDS Raising Readers is a national literacy campaign focused on building reading skills at home, at school, in child care, and in the community.
PBS KIDS Raising Readers utilizes reading-focused PBS KIDS multi-media content, including television programming, Web content and games for parents and teachers, professional development for caregivers and teachers, and curriculum for preschool and Kindergarten settings. Learn more at pbs.org/read.
PBS KIDS Island
PBS KIDS Island provides free reading games and activities for children, parents, caregivers and teachers to use at home or in the classroom and is built on a literacy framework, scaffolded to preschool reading curriculum and tracks a child’s progress helping parents, caregivers and teachers identify areas where the child may need additional support. Learn more at pbskids.org/island.
PBS KIDS Lab
PBS KIDS Lab is built on the belief that every new technology is an opportunity for learning. PBS works closely with researchers and advisers every step of the way, from building curriculum frameworks to ensure that content aligns to state and national standards, to testing early prototypes with kids. PBS KIDS Lab shares the latest and greatest in digital learning for the classroom and at home. Learn more at pbs.org/lab.
The PBS KIDS PLAY online school readiness program for Pre-K to 1st grade has a personalized learning track and exclusive content from "Curious George", "Super WHY!" and more. pbskidsplay.org
Kids can play educational games and watch PBS KIDS shows on mobile devices. pbskids.org/mobile.
Thanks to a Teacher Wall Grant, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, AETN was given the opportunity to collect, listen to, and amplify local teacher voices on a variety of topics. Learn more at aetn.org/educators/teacherwall
AETN in Arkansas communities
AETN reaches out to Arkansas through programs and partnerships across the state to share AETN, PBS and PBS KIDS resources that offer lifelong learning:
- AETN is a media and outreach resource partner in the Arkansas Grade-level Reading Campaign that aims to have all Arkansas children reading at grade level by the end of third grade by 2020. Learn more
- "Quiz Bowl" is a yearly celebration and recognition of scholarship that has been an AETN tradition since 1985. In a series of questions, players must display their knowledge in literature, math, science, history, art, music and economics. Teams from across the state compete for the chance to represent the Natural State in national tournaments. arquizbowl.org
- AETN celebrates Read Across America Day and Dr. Seuss’s birthday each March by encouraging kids across Arkansas to read.
- In conjunction with the PBS KIDS Writer’s Contest, AETN hosts a local competition for students K-3. Learn more
- Student Selects: A Young Filmmaker’s Showcase is an annual call for entries for K-12 wanting to try their skills at filmmaking. aetn.org/studentselects.
- AETN Youth Academy: AETN's Youth Academy hosts summer learning camps for children ages 7-10 and 11-15. Kids are offered a fun learning experience in the worlds of writing, filmmaking, production and more. Learn more
Downloads and Activities
AETN keeps Arkansans connected and learning online
- arkansased.org (ADE)
- ar-glr.net (Arkansas Campaign for Grade-level Reading)