New “Wild Kratts” World Adventure App Available
Posted on 11 Apr 2014
Into “creature power” at your house? PBS KIDS has just launched an all-new “Wild Kratts” World Adventure App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and we think it’s going to be a hit with Kratt fans across the boards. Just in time for Earth Month, World Adventure invites kids to explore animal science and habitats while building key skills and encouraging science inquiry.
Created for kids ages 4 to 8, these three games (with 30 levels total) celebrate creatures from around the globe and help players discover that animals can take them anywhere in science. As they swing with orangutans, jump with dolphins and search for food with woodpeckers, kids will learn and problem-solve as science comes to life. Martin and Chris use these adventures to teach about important concepts such as momentum, navigation and food chains.
Kids can measure their progress as they complete levels, too! After each level, little adventurers earn creature power “selfies,” habitat stickers and “Wow! Facts” that help further their environmental science and natural history learning.
Chris Kratt, co-creater of the series, had this to say about the new app, “[This] is the ultimate app for “Wild Kratts”
fans … [with] all-new, interactive experiences that further kids’ knowledge and passion for animals and the environment. Our goal is to make natural and environmental science fun for young children and to establish that enthusiasm early on.”
AETN.org > Parents > Parent's Blog > New “Wild Kratts” World Adventure App Available
- Can't wait to see how the cookbook turns out! - Katie
- We love Doc Martin but would like to see more updated seasons. Will there be more for us to see? Thanks - Sandra Leek
- Hi Sandra! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying "Doc Martin," and we have good news. While broadcast rights were not available in time for us to transition seamlessly into Season 6 when we finished Season 5 in early October, they have been secured! We'll finish reairing Seasons 3-5 in the spring and currently plan to start "Doc Martin: Season 6" in April or May of 2014. - AETN
- I am attending the workshop today via the internet at Crowley's Ridge Educational Cooperative in Harrisburg, Arkansas. I did not receive a resource guide. My address is:
Gosnell High School
600 Hwy 181
Blytheville, Arkansas 72315
Thank you! - Kathy Hodge
- Hi Kathy!
Thanks for letting us know; we've passed your information along to our education specialists, and they said they would mail your guide tomorrow. We appreciate your joining us! - AETN
- Our favorite memory of the cat in the hat was on out trip to Universal Studios Florida in August 2013 when my grandson Ayden and his friend Chance got to meet The cat in the hat and have their pictures taken! They had a wonderful time and really enjoyed meeting this crazy cat! - Tammy Powell
- I have lots of christmas memories but I have to share the newest this year.. we cant stop "reliving it" and laughing about it.. me and the kids came down to mamoo's house(grandma). Well mommy forgot to call ahead and let mamoo know we were coming. We arrive and mamoo comes to sit on the porch since it was nice out. My daughter(3yrs old,very articulate,smarty pants and dramatic all in one) says "I need to go to the bathroom" She opens mamoo's glass storm door.. walks in.. takes about 2 seconds for door to slowly shut and make the clicking noise upon shutting.. as soon we hear the door click we hear about 2 or 3 thump thumps (feet running short distance back to the door) My daughter burst back out the door and yells "YOU GOT ME A BIKE?!!" ... We all just freeze looking at each other like uh oh.. I wanted to bust about laughing.. were fighting to find the words to tell her its not hers.. my mom says "its the girl down the streets" and I say "YA UPS delivered to wrong house" It was suppose to be a santa gift and we didnt want to ruin the surprise. Now Everytime we go to store and see a bike we cant help but say "YOU GOT ME A BIKE?!!" ... Knowing my smarty pants daughter I'm sure that christmas morning she will see the bike and say "SEE I TOLD YOU YOU GOT ME A BIKE!!"..I will be sure to have the video camera out to capture it.. sure hope she still has the excitement in her voice and eyes christmas morning as she did the other day upon seeing it!! Wished I would have just happened to have a camera out to get the first reaction though lol - Jennifer Garner
- One of my favorite Christmas memories is going to my Grandma's house for Christmas dinner. My uncle Randy would play the guitar and the whole extended family would sing every Christmas song anyone could think of. He always had even the littlest kids sing a part. Someone would read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. And someone would always bring out a Dr. Seuss book to have the littlest ones recite! - Monica
- Thanks so much, everyone, for sharing your wonderful Christmas memories with us!
Congratulations, Monica! You were drawn as our winner. Please send an email with your shipping information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. - AETN
- I feel really respected him as a good example for all symbols of the country. In every issue, he is a brave man - Para juego
- Info on Grant Co Museum in Sheridan - Joyce McCasland
- Thank you for a wonderful program! I told my sister about it in MN and gave her the address where she can order a copy. Loved the stories, the pictures, it was just a great program! Thanks again. - Edi Edwards
- i caught part of the documentary on Monday - when will it be broadcast again? - Bob Baine
How do I send a photo representing Imagination Library? - Bertie Wells
- When is season 3 going to start ?? I can't wait I just discovered PBS is showing the BBC series and I am a big fan .. - Doug C
- I have missed every showinqg of the documentary "Champion Trees". Will it be shown again. I signed up for an email reminder for the next showing, but never received a reminder email. - Gena Norris
- Are you serious??? Is this a joke? I thought this was suppose to be how to learn to paint. You can't learn anything with this JOKER, BOB ROSS POSER, want to be. Dude there was one Bob Ross ONE!!! Get original!!! This is the choppiest crappiest editing I have ever seen. PBS must be aweful desperate to put something like this on the air. - Gary
- I watched the first show, but I was not very impressed. Kevin doesn't paint in real time like Bob Ross and also Kevin copies paintings by other artists. - Chad
- Can you bicycle on this wonderful levee? Do you need permission from Corps of Engineers? Where can I get a map of this area all the way to the Gulf? Great program last night! Thanks! - Patricia V. MacDonald
- We missed this. Will it be aired again? - Sue Egger
- Hi, Chad and Gary! We hope you'll give Kevin a few more episodes for a chance to win you over, but appreciate your sharing your thoughts with us. It's definitely a new series and will mature over time. - AETN
- You're more than welcome, Edi! We're so glad that you enjoyed it, and hope that your sister does, too. It was great fun for us to put together; we love letting our friends know more about these extraordinary trees and the people who care for them. - AETN
- Yes, you can bicycle on it, but there's not much room to move over when vehicles pass you. Other than the Levee Tour brochure that's available at Lake Chicot State Park, (870-265-5480) I'm not sure if there is a detailed map of the levee all the way to the Gulf ... unless Corps of Engineers has one. Yes - episode will be aired again Sunday, April 13, at 5 p.m. It also can be viewed online - either at aetn.org/exploringarkansas or youtube.com/exploringarkansas. - Chuck Dovish
- Hi Joyce! You can find out more about the Grant County Museum in Sheridan, Ark., at www.grantcountymuseumar.com - AETN
- Hi Bob! We're sorry that we missed your comment earlier; it was caught in our filter. Our next broadcast will be on AETN-3 on April 29 at 6 p.m. You may also email us at email@example.com to be placed on a notification list for future air dates! - AETN
- Hi Gena! We're sorry that you weren't notified of the air dates; we certainly want you to be able to watch with us! The next scheduled air date is Tuesday, April 29, at 6 p.m. on AETN-3. If you don't mind going to the trouble, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll speak to our Programming Department to be sure you're added to the notification list for future air dates. Thank you for watching with us! - AETN
- Thanks, Bertie! We're sorry we're just seeing your comment; it was caught in our filter. You can email us an Imagination Library photo at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing it! - AETN
- I can not believe PBS would air something with cuts I CANT EVEN paint along and what a slap in the face to BOB ROSS!! I will not be supporting AETN no more I use to donate but I wont be doing that crap anymore! PBS/AETN you have let me down big time!!!!!!!! PBS remove this garbage! Paint With Kevin what a joke!! - Jim
- Hi, Jim. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We understand that not every viewer will enjoy every program, and we regret that you will choose not to support AETN any longer because of a single program we air. We hope, in time, you will reconsider as you view other programs you enjoy watching.
We do provide options for flagging your donations so that they may support other program areas, and you may learn more about those options or steps you may take to alter your donation status by emailing our Viewer Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. - AETN
- WOW I could not believe the PBS would put something on the air that is not even youtube quality what a joke really? AETN I have seen better on Youtube then this clown! what a joke I have lost all respect for AETN and PBS!! - Sam
- Thank You... My grandson Cameron had a great time getting his picture taken with The Cat in the Hat. We had to come home and read all of our Cat in the Hat books. It brought back wonderful memories. I thank you for the information packet. - Vickie Jones
- You're more than welcome, Vickie! We're so excited that Cameron enjoyed visiting Cat ... and even more thrilled that it inspired him to go home an read with you. We loved having the opportunity to come out and visit! We're truly grateful to our friends at Mercy and Fort Smith Public Library for making Saturday possible. - AETN
- I think Kevin is very talented. Love watching him paint, my only comment would be that (and I think I speak for a lot of viewers) I would rather see a less detailed painting from start to finish, than a more detailed painting with edits. Even if he is just blending or repeating steps. As is, we cannot paint with Kevin, but rather all we can do is watch Kevin paint. Regardless I enjoy the program, I wish him luck. - Dan Emmer
- I like Kevin's Paintings, however I think I speak for many viewers in that I would like to watch a less detailed painting from start to finish, than a more detailed painting with edits. As the show is now, it is not paint with Kevin, but watch Kevin paint. - Dan
- Hi, Dan! Thank you for your thoughtful critique. We're glad you enjoy the program and appreciate your sharing your thoughts. As we're asked for input, we'll be sure to pass your suggestions along. In the meantime, we're glad to hear that you'll be watching with us! - AETN
- thank you for letting me know that I didn't win.But I will try next year. - sarahi loza
- Absolutely, Sarahi! We're so glad that you entered this year, and can't wait to read your story next time. - AETN
- So glad for this series! I've been following Kevin on Youtube for a long time, and I think his style is distinctve, even though he uses the same method as many other artists. I watch the episodes posted online so I can replay over and over, as much as I want. - Sara
- Thank you, Sara, for letting us know that you're enjoying "Paint With Kevin"! We're glad that you can watch with us on AETN, now, and use Kevin's online videos to augment the experience. We think that's an excellent idea! - AETN
- I would like to thank all the teachers in my life, past and present. - Patricia Fine
- I 've been following Kevin on You Tube and I think he is a very talanted young artist . I Love his work. I've notised he is a bit like Bob Ross on You Tube but so what ? In my opinion he is actually an even better artist. Bob was absolutely a great artist who has inspired me much but now I think it's time for Kevin.
Best of luck to you in the future. - Krister ( hobby artist from Sweden ).
- I love his art. I've been following him on Youtube from Sweden . So what If he's like Bob Ross ? I actually think Kevin is a better artist. Get off his back and let him progress.
Do your thing man. Dont listen to every stupid comment. You rock!! - Krizz
- I'm shocked at how negative some folks are. Kevin is a very talented young man. Although the episodes are edited from start to finish of a painting, I believe if a person is serious about learning, they Can learn from his technique and examples. I appreciate the detail he adds. I also enjoyed Bob Ross ...and I think Bob Ross would appreciate Kevin Hill sharing his talent. Thank you Kevin and AETN. - Cindy
- I've just finished watching the Memorial Day concert as I have for some time. It always touches me and even though it does it every time it still surprises me. Each time I think I gain more of an appreciation of what our soldiers have done for us, One day I saw a gentleman from the services and I stopped him and thanked him for what he was doing which was keeping us-me- free. How do you thank someone who is willing to loose their life for you? There just aren't words for that but I did what I felt I really wanted to that day and he said he would tell his troops and then he thanked me. That surprised me, that he would be thanking me. I have something on my heart that I really want to say to our people in uniform. I think it is easy to feel less of a person when you find yourself home after suffering in the field all over the world and you are still suffering - either physically, or mentally or any other way. But what I think is that you are our BEST. You are the cream of the crop of all people in our land and I am so PROUD OF YOU. I think it would be incredibly great if you could hear this from even just a part of us out hear that haven't met you. BUT PLEASE, PLEASE TRY AND REMIND YOURSELVES OF THIS DURING THE HEALING AND ALL THE READJUSTING. Again,
THANK YOU! You all really are 'the greatest" - Judy Goshman
- Will this concert air re-air? If so, date/time? - Julie Wilhelm
- Judy, thank you so much for sharing. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the concert and deeply appreciate your sharing your thanks and thoughts to our nation's armed service members, past and present.
Julie, we'll be airing the concert again this Friday, May 30, at 8 p.m. - AETN
- Like so many others, I too have been watching Kevin on youtube. As a retired person, I started to paint with oils watching old Bob Ross videos. I am now painting again after seeing Kevin Hills youtube. paintings. My suggestion for people who want a full painting in one setting and those who wish for more detail would be to ask Kevin to highlight one feature every program. Detailed trees in one full painting, detailed water in another full painting and detailed mountains...This way we could get over time, the in-depth instruction that many of us crave. I don't know how to address the people who want both high quality and un-edited programs. I wish I could express how much I enjoy your programs. - Tim
- Hello Mr. Dovish, I am looking on google maps around the Helena area, north and south, and it shows several areas where Arkansas and Mississippi swap sides of the river. Is this correct or just bad google mapping? Thanks, we enjoy your show every week. - Jake Sinclair
- Hello Mr Dovish. As a native grown citizen of this wonderful State of Arkansas, I have chosen to spend my time at home in Arkansas. Life had its little sojourn out of Arkansas for me, yet I came back Home, by choice. I have enjoyed your career of showcasing ever beautiful place that we have at our front yard, You have a wonderful knack at describing the beauty as well as tell the story of our colorful history. I thank you for what you have done for all Arkansans, and all that you are trying to tell. Keep up the great work. - Van Brown
- I have only recently started watching Kevin on You tube and am very impressed with his talent. What I enjoyed even more than the beautiful creations he paints is that he has such a calm and soothing demeanor while he's painting and explaining his technique. As some people have also suggested it would be nice if he could focus on a particular aspect of the painting with greater detail during filming whether it be clouds, trees, shading, or mixing color.
All the best in your future as a great upcoming artist.
Marguerite - Marguerite
- I to, am amazed at the extremely harsh critique of Kevin's program. Those of us who began watching Bill Alexander before he handed the torch to Bob were surprised by the editing but Kevin does not have the experience that both of his predecessors, Bill and Bob, had with the technique and television. Many don't know that when Bob worked he was painting from a painting off camera that he had previously done. Kevin will develope his own style and personality if his detractors and networks will give him the necessary time. - Wayne
- An old friend of William and Bob I know they would be happy to see another take up the torch for the Wet on Wet Technique. Besides talent is talent, and Kevin has it! - Jan
- I would like 250 packets for our Summer Daze program at Episcopal Collegiate School in Little Rock. If this amount is not possible, please send whatever amount we are allowed.
Thank you! - Rettina Olive Hill
- Kevin and AETN...Thank you for the wonderful instructional program. I was so impressed with it that I went out and bought what I needed to "Paint with Kevin." To the naysayers...it's a 30 minute program. In that short time, Kevin does a remarkable job of demonstrating the basics to so we can recreate the paintings he shares. I feel no need to see the same strokes repeated over and over until the painting is completed. I would find it beneficial if information was included regarding paint consistency, how much paint to load on palette knife when doing mountains, etc. My paint rather blurred together the first time I tried to imitate his mountain technique. I know that will improve with repeated attempts (I don't expect to paint my first time as well as he does on his umpteenth). However, Kevin provides a wonderful program as it stands. I hope there are many more coming. - Cynthia
- We certainly can, Rettina! Could you please post or email us (email@example.com) your mailing information? - AETN
- Shame on you all you humbugs. Bob Ross would probably be the first to say good job Kevin. I love all the detail in Kevins paintings. Bob Ross had his canvases prepped with liquid white or had them masked off and ready to go. So we didn't see everything he did either, if we want to get picky. I thing Kevin is an amazing young man. Love to hear him talk, and it is fascinating to see what he creates. Kevin Hill, Bob Ross and Jerry Yarnell are set to record every Saturday. I am a long time artist and love to watch a young artist like Kevin. He will inspire thousands to pick up their brushes and palet knife. - Shelia
- The BEST performance of the Star Spangled Banner we have ever heard. The National Anthem was sung by a military man whose name we sadly missed, to start the celebration by the KC orchestra. He did an awsome job and I wish I could shake his hand and thank him. - John Sheppard
- Kevin Hill is the best.
Thank you PBS
Fans of Bob Ross, please calm down.
Kevin is really Great - Dusan
- I have all three of Amy's CDs. Lots of great tunes! Should be difficult to pick the best ones for a show. - Marc Turner
- We agree, Marc. It will be hard to pick ... but that's an excellent problem to have! Hope we'll get to see you at the show tonight. - AETN
- Love the show and the paintings. Always love the Bob Ross shows and I think there's plenty of room for Kevin Hill. Good choice AETN. - Gary
- Will you do shows on "Fallen Flag" railroads?? If you do I would like to see one on the "Arkansas Southern Railroad". That is the independent railroad I have named my layout.
Thanks. - David Baker
- I've watched Kevin on YouTube for quite some time now and I am so excited to see that he has his own show! The videos on YouTube are often between 11-12 minutes and with these 30 minute shows, he included a lot of the steps missing. His paintings are much more detailed than Bob Ross. I love Bob and watched his shows growing up and I think he would be happy to see Kevin paint!
To all of the harsh commentators: how very disappointing it is to read such nastiness. - Tara
- Thank you, David. If "Steel Rails" is a success, hopefully we can continue to produce more railroad productions and certainly look at the history of some of Arkansas's "Fallen Flags." - Mark Andrews, "Steel Rails in Arkansas" Producer/Director
I hope everything comes out all right, with the interview. - Drew Stephens
- thanks for sharing this article... i can put this on my <a href="http://uk.bestessays.com">essay writing service</a> write up, thanks. - stefanie
- Having surveyed all of the cemeteries in Faulkner County (132) I have said, thought, felt, know, and understand Hop's perspective. Definitely will watch the premier.
Do you mind correcting your subtitle ... You CAN catch... and "cemetery" is spelled with all "E's". And did you mean "Comment" instead of "Commit"?
Thanks. - Sondra Johnson
- This story really touched me. I love history. I thought the segment about the children going out to the cementary and selecting a tomb stone, to search and find history about that person, was so awsome. They will always remember that and I find this so amazing that there is such a program as this. I am not from Arkansas and didn't even know these types of programs existed. This is wonderful. - Joan
- I was so fascinated by the wealth of knowledge Ms. Burnett has about the headstones at old cemeteries. Now I find myself also wanting to visit them. I take pictures of our family graves for documented information, which may not always be correct. - Mary Dailey
- I'm looking for more information on the young writer's contest for my two daughters. Can you post the address to send entries and also the rules that apply? Thanks! - Chass
- PBS should be putting all their information on line next week. We apologize for the lateness. Please check back soon! - AETN
- I am having trouble logging onto the website for more info on the book writing contest.
Please post info on the entry address.
Thanks! - Vern
- We are still waiting for PBS to officially release information on this year's contest. PBS most likely has temporarily disabled user accounts until the 2012 contest begins. We will update this blog post as soon as we know something. Thanks so much! - AETN
- Still waiting for address to send my child's book. - Vern
- Hooray! PBS has launched the 2012 PBS KidsGo! Writers Contest. Here is a link to where you can learn more about it. http://pbskids.org/writerscontest/contest.php - AETN
- You have more than a month to get those entries in - we can't wait to see all the wonderful stories and illustrations by April 27! Please mail yours to AETN, 350 S.Donaghey St., Conway, AR 72034. - AETN
- When will the pictures that were taken yesterday be posted? We got a card telling us to go to flickr or facebook to view them and I have yet to see them, kinda frustrating because they made it seem that they would be uploaded shortly after the event. - Stacy C.
- Some photos from this weekends event have been posted on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/aetntv - AETN
- Sending a big Thank you to AETN & Mercy for bringing The Cat in the Hat to Fort Smith! My children loved it! - Leslie W.
- Where can I go to view the pictures? - Natasha
- Photos from our events can be seen on the AETN Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/aetntv - AETN